Students and staff without internet at home is problem that we recognize. Multiple options are available if no internet is available at home.
Some options available now
- School Parking Lots We have boosted our WiFi signal around the perimeter of the buildings so the community is able to drive up to them and get connected. In an effort to provide more connectivity for everyone, we have joined the statewide Study-From-Car initiative (click the link to view an interactive map).
- Use your phone as a hotspot Most smart phones these days have a hotspot feature that can be enabled and will then transmit WiFi signal for other devices to connect to.
- Town Libraries Some buildings in or around your town may have Guest WiFi networks available.
- Local Internet Providers Cable companies like Spectrum may be available in your area. Go to https://www.spectrum.com/ to enter your address and see if it is available.
- Wireless Carriers Cell phone companies are getting into the home internet game. Companies like T-Mobile, Verizon, AT&T and US Cellular may have home internet options available in your area.
What we are doing about it
In addition to the options provided above, we are doing district-wide assessments to check coverage around homes that may not already have internet service. We are hoping to be able to provide some sort of solution to homes with connectivity issues via cellular hotspots. Send us a message to request a coverage assessment in your area.